- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups Thunder CoffeeMilk
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff
- Additional whipped cream, optional
- Shaved bittersweet chocolate, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in CoffeeMilk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool. Fold in whipping cream. Chill. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate if desired.